Saturday, December 8, 2012

Last of the Mermaids


I brought this lady in from her place on the pool deck this afternoon.  It was quite balmy with temps in the 50's and intermittent sun, but it is time to admit that Autumn is over and winter is on its way.

I am finally feeling well enough to spend a little time in my studio.  I only glazed a few mugs and laid out the basic design on a pitcher, but I have to start somewhere.  In the next day or so I will roll out a few slabs.  I like to let them sit for a day or two if I have the time.  It may be pure superstition on my part but I think they handle more easily if they have had time to age a bit under plastic.



I baked a loaf of my old stand by Cuban bread today.  It's really a loaf and a half.  I used the other half to make pecan sticky buns.  They got eaten before I thought to take a photo.


Our Christmas Sale is over tomorrow.  I have not had the wherewithall to even inquire about sales.  I'll go over in the afternoon to pack up my stuff.  I think I'll pretty much pass on the party though.

With all the interesting times we have been having since Hurricane Sandy I have not even begun to do anything for Christmas.  Fortunately we are in for some relatively  benign weather so things should come together quite easily and quickly.

This post will also be over on Mud Colony.  Take a look and see what is happening in the world wide community.

I hope everyone has enjoyed a pleasant week end filled with sales, or relaxation.

As always.........thanks for stopping by....*s*


9 comments:

  1. Most yummy looking bread! You have inspired me to get out the bread making things for later this afternoon. Sorry that you have not been feeling all that well, I am guessing that having the tooth pulled has knocked you about rather. Hope you are fully back to strength soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Suzi,
    Hope your sale will go well and from there you might find time to get ready for Christmas.
    Hugs to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love mermaids, and she is a beauty. Like you, I prefer to use slabs made a day ahead. I think they are much easier to work with.
    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful mermaid! And the bread sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peter....It's a really easy recipe. Recovery seem to be slow but steady.

    Hi Mariette...The sale was better than last year.....Christmas will come together this week.

    Hi Michele...Thanks; nice to have agreement about slabs. Some people think it's nuts.

    Hi Gayle...Thanks....and you too can make bread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know you're feeling better. That bread looks delicious. Don't you just love the smell of fresh baked bread?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori...I think one of the big reasons I enjoy making bread is the way the house is filled with deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am still using your bread recipe- made it yesterday.
    Mermaids are the mascot of my hometown- I heart them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love mermaids, perhaps she can gaze out the window.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.