Monday, February 11, 2013

My! That Was......

FUN???

What is the curse? "May you always live in interesting times."  These times have been quite interesting enough thank you.  This is the third time in the last six month we have had the electricity go out!

The snow started at 7:00AM friday just as they said it would.  It was coming down steadily but not heavily until early afternoon.  The power went off just after I had posted a reply on Hollis's blog.  We were prepared and set up the power etc.  The hardest part was that we could not get out the driveway.  It's the first time I have not been able to get my 4RUNNER through snow.  Of course it's also the first time we've had this much snow since I began driving it.  We broke down and had the driveway plowed, money well spent.  He lives just down the hill from us so it is certainly convenient. 

 The power came back on around one this afternoon.  There's nothing like being without power for several days to appreciate electricity and running water! Fortunately we heat with wood so we were warm and cozy!

The photo of the trees was taken on Sunday when the sun came out.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but we ended up with 18 to 24 inches.  It's pretty to look at but a b*tch to get around in.  I use a cane for balance; three legs are steadier than two!


The wood pecker and jay along with many small birds were coming for seed throughout the days.  Now I'm glad I had to get a mix rather that straight sunflower as the larger birds pick out the corn and peanuts.  Happy birdies!



My little garden shed is snowed in.  Guess I'll have to wait until everything melts to get into it.


Winter is completely nonplussed by so much snow.  In the photo she is light enough so she is only in about half the depth of the snow.  After we beat a path for her all that was visible was her tail poking up   like a flag.


Everything is well with us.  Right now it's raining; it's supposed to be up in the 40's tomorrow.  I doubt that it will all melt away before it gets cold again.  Hey!  This is New England....live with it!

I hope everyone who was in the storm has survived it well.  Those of you in sunnier climes, those are little green tendrils of envy you see growing around me.

Enjoy the evening and as always, thanks for stopping by...........*s*

12 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you. I am happy you are fine. A snow for the record books. Be safe, Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Suzi,
    Thank goodness that things worked out for you. It is tough for being without power in mid winter.
    Hugs to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow is so foreign to me, when it all melts does it leave a flood like mess? I guess you are all used to it but I find it hard to comprehend. Needing a shovel to let the dog out for her business, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of snow! Glad you had wood to keep you warm. Love the happy birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did not get hit too bad this storm! Birds have been busy at the feeder and the chickens are ready for Spring! Today rain..... Has kept me in the studio working...... A good thing!
    Glad you are dug out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh jeez, yep, the people who think snow is pretty have never been buried in it or had to drive in it....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for all your kind thought and comments. The sun is out and it's warming up, so more melting is going on. Stay warm or cool as the case may be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys sure got dumped on this time! My daughter is in New Haven Ct, they had 34" but didn't lose power. She lives on a main road but as of Sunday night it still hadn't been plowed.
    Glad your power is back and it's good that you have a toasty stove to keep you warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was concerned about you, thanks for letting us know you're okay. I'm also glad you got power back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you're safe and warm...it was definitely one for the books. And now the slush begins! We've been hoping for at least one day of snow, or at most perhaps...but not this year yet. You got our share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The snow is so beautiful but not quite so good when the power goes off.
    Good to hear you are fine.
    Stay warm and enjoy the week

    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michele....CT does a much better job with disasters than RI. Glad your daughter is ok.

    Hi Lori...Thanks for thinking of me

    Hi Barbara.....Slush today, more snow on the way!

    Hi Carolyn...Snow is pretty as long as you don't have to be out in it.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.