Two views of a planter I did last summer or so. It's about 16 inches high and 6 & 1/2 inches across. It's a ^04 white earth that I once fired. I wanted to keep the decoration simple. If things get too complicated it overwhelms the plants and flowers it's supposed to enhance. I used yellow because it's a fairly neutral color for flowers. This yellow is way too strong; I wanted something much lighter. The rims look pasted on (well, they are added, I just don't want them to look that way!) Some of the green vine on the yellow may have solved the problem.
I finally got around to firing this around Christmas. The height always made it awkward to fit into my kiln. I want to do more of these. Next time I'll do enough to fill a kiln shelf. That should give me about a half dozen to fool around with.
In a few more weeks I should be able to get some pansies to put in it. I'm never really happy with planters until they are planted.
It's been in the high fifties and sunny today. I even went so far as to clean the leaves out of the daffodils. This may have been a mistake as the temps are supposed to drop tonight and possible snow on Monday. At least we've had a great day today.
This will be on Sunday Ceramics #10 and on Mud Colony on Facebook.
Enjoy the coming week and, as always, thanks for stopping by.........*s*