This is a teapot I made about twelve years ago. It has had a doomed history. I hated the first lid I made for it as it had nothing to do with the rest of the pot. That lid broke so I made a few more. What I did not realize at the time was that I was using a different clay body a friend had given me. It was low fire but not the warm terra cotta I like for majolica. The first one of that series was just right; unfortunately the cats I had at the time knocked it off a shelf and broke the lid. This is a second choice. It fits fine but is a little too big for the teapot. If you look closely you should be able to see the cracks where I glued it after another disaster.
I glazed it with Linda Arbuckle's majolica at (I think) ^04. The designs are done with mason stains. I mixed the strawberry color; the green is Florentine, a great favorite of mine.
Now that I have a safer place to store work in progress I may try a few more.....someday!
It was about 39 F. and cloudy when I got up this morning. We have actually started up the woodstove again. This is almost May for pity's sake. Give me a break. I'm just glad we are having longer days and that I don't live any further north!
Stay warm or cool as the case may be.
As always, thanks for stopping by............*s*