Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Ceramics 16

Wow!  It doesn't seem possible that we are on our sixteenth Sunday.  Busy potters; busy days!

I threw five teapots yesterday.  I don't throw a lot anymore; my wrists just can't take the stress.  These are about two pounds each of terra cotta.  The clay was so wet that I had to wait until today to throw lids and handles.  The openings are all the same size.  I have the measurement from when I threw them so fit will not be a problem.

I was inspired by looking at the strawberry pot I posted on Teapot Tuesday #3.  It will be interesting to see where this goes!



It was warm enough to cook outside so we made pizza on the grill.  While we love pizza at any time, it's so much tastier when made on the grill.


Above is a potato and caramelized onion with smoked mozzarella.  Delicious!


The one above is one of Proge's inventions.  Chopped eggplant in mango chutney with a little spicey lime chutney.  We decided the mango was a little overpowering.  Next time we'll add less with something else.  It also has chicken sausage and provolone cheese.  It is, however, very tasty.


We found the feather in the yard by the pond.  I am taking it as an indicator of what happened to Moby Fish a few weeks ago.  We think it's from  either an owl or a hawk.  Any opinions?


And last an example of why it's a bad idea to bake bread and then forget about it for a few hours.  A little bigger and it could be a curling stone!

We are finally enjoy some early spring weather.  It should be mid spring, but we are happy for sun and warmth.  I actually put my laundry out on the line for the first time this year.

This post will be linked to Kim's Sunday Ceramics 16.  I hope many people will link in.  I have been enjoying Facebook lately, but I still enjoy blogs more.  They feel so much more personal.

Enjoy the beautiful day.  As always, thanks for stopping by.........*s*

14 comments:

  1. oh I think that's an owl feather, I forgot a pizza in the oven the other day and it was pitch black, your pizzas look so delicious, yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda.....I think it's an owl feather too. We hear them at night so it seems to be a logical conclusion. It's a drag to forget food in the oven until it resembles something from a dig, but I am so glad to know that I am not alone!

      Delete
  2. I am going to a teapot making workshop soon, I am looking forward to it. I wont be throwing mine, I will slipcast mine I think, or hand build :) thanks for joining in wioth Sunday Ceramics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim....I have never slip cast, but I generally handbuild. I want Sunday Ceramics to make it!

      Delete
  3. Dearest Suzi,
    Quite a varied topics post full of LIFE!
    You threw lovely teapots as far as can be seen from this photo.
    The feather is an interesting piece of evidence I guess... we never will be able to control nature. Sad for the one, food for the other.
    Your pizzas look and sound yummy and yeah, forgetting about a bread is causing such a 'dark' color and it no longer can be sliced up to be eaten. But there are worse things in life.
    Happy new week to you!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette....Mother Nature will have her way!
      As you said, there are worse things than overcooked bread in life. Would that our problems could be solved so easily!
      Enjoy the week!..........*s*

      Delete
  4. So glad to know that warmth has reached there! Pizzas look great! Very surpised that you added potato! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Midori....I hope that all is well with you after the wild weather you have experienced.
      Potato and caramelized onion is a combo of a recipe Proge brought back from S.F. and a recipe I read somewhere.

      Delete
  5. I think it's an owl feather also. It always feels so magical to find feathers from large birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori....I agree. Finding feathers is magical.

      Delete
  6. Yum on the teapots and pizza! Oh the bread..... we live to bake another day :) Wind and rain here this weekend but this morning is glorious, even with the frost on the roof and car windows. Spring is coming, I just know it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy....We've had a terrible winter. I feel like I'm thawing out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi Claudia.....We enjoy making it; especially on the grill!

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.