Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Teapot Tuesday

A slightly funky and very functional teapot I bought at Mt. Sunnapee several years ago.  Again I have managed to lose the maker's card.  I am going to start marking the bottoms of pots as soon as I buy them!

This one holds one generous cup.  It's perfect for afternoons when I just want one cup of tea.



I've spent the better part of the morning trying to get a picture of the hummingbirds at the yellow flags, with no success at all.  Man they are speedy little devils.  I hope this means we will see more of them as summer continues.  No phoebes nesting under the deck yet......we'll see grasshopper....

Get out into this wonderful weather, or if you are in the southern hemisphere snuggle in.

As always, thanks for stopping by............*s*

10 comments:

  1. After years of buying potters work and living with their pots, I can see their faces and remember the conversation but do you think I can remember their name? It made me aware of how I sign my pots! Now thinking of investing in a clay stamp with my name, would make things for collectors so much easier........ and nice foot to work on in the studio :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy....I do the same thing. I think a makers mark has to be clear and memory jarring.

      Delete
  2. That's a sweet little teapot. I forgot to post a teapot for Teapot Tuesday, opps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori...I forgot a few weeks ago. We all do it!

      Delete
  3. Dearest Suzi,
    Lovely teapot and yes, marking them right away seems to be the answer. Maybe, just maybe if the maker would read your blog you would find out...
    We are disappointed about our hummingbirds, we used to have plenty and so far I've seen them only once. It has rained a LOT, so maybe that has something to do with it. We love those little fast devils and yes they are very hard to capture on camera!
    Hugs to you and enjoy the outdoor.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette.....A lot of potters spend a lot of time thinking about marks.
      The birds seem late here too. I think you are right. Our cold, wet spring is probably to blame.

      Delete
  4. sweet teapot, love the feet and twisted handle at the top, hope you get a shot of the hummingbirds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda....The feet were what initially attracted me. Once I get the fucshias out the hummingbirds may come closer!

      Delete
  5. ohhhhhh my, what an unusual teapot indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary....I love odd pots that really work.
      Again, great news about Penny!

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.