Wednesday, September 20, 2017

GUIILTY! or........

.....there's a sucker born every minute........or.......who can resist kittens?

We took four of the kittens to the shelter on Sept. 14.  Yes, we were planning to take them all which had me terribly upset.  However, that plan did not take emotions into account.  Proge had connected with Grayby and Ringo is such a floofball that we could not resist. Bibsy, Cobby, Apricat, and Leaf were all just a bit tamer and therefor more adoptable.  The shelter manager would have liked them to be a few weeks younger, but I think many problems arise if kittens are separated from their mom too soon.  When i was raising my Siamese cats, I never separated them until twelve weeks.


Lucky Peach, Ringo, Grayby and KikiLaSois all ate from the same bowl yesterday.  Aloysius has taken to grooming Peach while meals are being prepped.  Peach and babies rub against our legs while we are prepping food.  It may take a while but I am sure that Peach will trust humans again one day.


There was a magical web strung across the pond a few days ago.  If you look hard and enlarge the photo you can see the web and its reflection.


Rain and wind today as we catch the outer edge of Jose.  Otherwise we are enjoying late summer weather.

As always, thanks for stopping by...........*s*

7 comments:

  1. who can resist kittens, I know I can't, I remember the time I brought a kitten home from the hospital as I was leaving work; it had been found in the engine compartment by some EMTs and they couldn't take it, we already had three cats at home and I was sure dh wouldn't want another kitten; later that night that tiny kitten was found on the couch sleeping on dh's shoulder, the next day I told him that a woman at work had said she'd take the cat if the car owner didn't claim the kitten, dh looked me straight in the eye and said "don't you know it isn't good for kittens to be moved from home to home" we now had a new tortoise kitten named Meiko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda.....their cuteness overcomes many obstacles!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you kept two of the kittens, and they'll enjoy growing up together. Mommy too! I hope she becomes more used to human company, but it's good that she's got an older feline to settle with at least. Good news all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb.....We can't pick Peach up yet, but she will eat food off our fingers. She wants to come to us, but she just isn't ready. All in her own good time. It took almost two years for Boogaloo and Kezar to stop living in my kiln room and come upstairs, and they were eleven years old when we adopted them.

      Delete
  3. I was wondering how taking the kittens to the shelter would play out ;-)
    Enjoy your new babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michele....What can I say? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Suzi,
    Oh my, I know that feeling too well! We have had 8... but are down to 6 and I'm already deciding to never replace any, if they die of old age.
    As much as we love them, it also restricts you and you need to care for them. Vet visits, food, brushing etc. And even having a cat-sitter to come and feed them twice a day while we're gone.
    Enjoy this cutest stage, they can give so much sweetness and love.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.