Friday, September 8, 2017

Mermaid



I haven't put out many of my garden creatures this year.  Once the caterpillar crap stopped I did put my little mermaid out by the papyrus bed.

We have not had much swimming this year due to caterpillars.  The pool is looking a lot better.  If we really do get the six more weeks of summer that Passy Pete is predicting we may get some more swimming.  At the very least we can enjoy sitting poolside and not feel that we are gazing into a very nasty swamp.



The kittens are probably going to be leaving us next week.  I am becoming far too attached to them.  If I were rich I would set up my own shelter, but alas.......at least we are keeping Lucky Peach!


Yes, they did manage to get into my dry food cupboard and drag out all sorts of stuff.  They only got the rice bag open so things were not as bad as they could have been.  This is a heavily cropped photo.

Our thoughts and good wishes are with all those who are prepping for Irma.  STAY SAFE!

As always, thanks for stopping by..............*s*

10 comments:

  1. my goodness the kittens have grown so much, love your mermaid, have you ever made any of your creatures for aquariums? I could see your mermaid in an aquarium, the natural disasters just keep coming don't they, I am heartened by all the volunteers and advance preparedness by the governors and federal government though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Linda.....Thanks. I've never thought of doing aquarium creatures. It may be an untapped market!

      Delete
  2. What big kittens you have, my dear! Yes, it's time for them to take off to their furr-ever homes. Love the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb....They will probably be gone By Wednesday.

      Delete
  3. I am sure you had lots of fun with those kittens, despite their mischievousness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele.....it was hard but four of them left on
      Thursday☹️

      Delete
  4. Dearest Suzi,
    Oh, the cutest age of any kitten and yes, they can be rather mischievous too!
    Lucky Peach is indeed very, very lucky for remaining with you and having a loving home with shelter.
    We hope that the remainder of summer will be good for us.
    Planning for 2 day-trips for biking in the flat land on the coast or near the river takes sunny weather!
    We're so fortunate personally with no damage when tropical storm Irma came over us. Lots of trees down on homes and cars, severe damage to some.
    Florida of course is a lot worse, with flooding.
    Only having 2 days no Internet/TV is not that bad and power off for 8 hours was minor. Still some people here are out of power for days!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette....I am so happy that you had no damage. Hurricanes are horrible!
      Here's to sunny biking weather!

      Delete
  5. Oh man...kittens! If only we could adopt all of them. Lucky Peach is indeed lucky! But all of them will find homes quickly, kittens are the easiest to find homes for.

    Loving the mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took four to the shelter on Thursday. There was someone wanting to adopt one as we left.

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.