Thursday, January 5, 2012

Twelfth Night



Twelfth Night




Old Christmas is past,
Twelve tide is the last,
And we bid you adieu,
Great joy to the new.

There is a tradition, at least here in southern RI, that Twelfth Night is a Feast of Fools where master and servants change places.  Our local very fine chorus always does a Twelfth Night celebration somewhat like the Christmas Revels, a perfect way to say farewell to the season.  And, yes, the days are beginning to lengthen.

Good Health and Joy to All in 2012!

As always, thanks for stopping by.............-s-

5 comments:

  1. I think I could do that - change rolls in fact today I think I will be the fool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and the santas are so great, makes me want to try some for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The santas have so much personality, love them, red is on my mind too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meredith...Welcome to the monkey house!

    Hi Tracey and Linda....I think it would be fun if we all made Santas next year and posted them on the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smartcat--I have made some very nice Santas and I hope you will remind us about this next year, what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.