We have had a stretch of hot, humid, sunny weather so guess what I have been doing? Yes! Drying clay enough to wedge. I first I just spread it on boards. Then I decided if I was going to get serious about it I needed to dig out my drying screens. These are old silk screen frames I replaced with screening. I lay a piece of old sheeting and then put the clay on it. The whole thing is raised on bricks for air circulation. When the clay is ready I roll it up like a jelly roll and wrap it in plastic. I get even drying with this method and I can do about twenty pounds at a time.
The day lilies are finally blooming. I bought these last year for Proge to plant by the pond. They've grown by leaps and bounds. Others are in bud.
Mr. Frog is chilling at the edge of the pond. The water is clear enough to make the fish look as though they are suspended in air. Proge has won the fight with algae etc.
I've been replanting a bunch of stuff that just didn't make it through our June rains. We do have a great crop of sassafras. As far as I am concerned the only good sassafras is in the wood pile. We took all this stuff down with the brush cutter in the middle of May. We just have to keep cutting.
I've been baking a fruit (peach and plum) crisp to take to a get together with a group of friends from my first round of college days. We try to get together at least once a summer. Our ranks are thinning a little but we still go on with old friends and new.
This post will also be over on Mud Colony. Hop over and take a look at what is going on elsewhere in the world of clay.
Enjoy the week end and, as always, thanks for stopping by............*s*