Sunday, September 14, 2014

Another Week

Still cleaning up past work and rearranging my studio so I will be able to survive a winter there, if it doesn't go on forever!  Meanwhile we have had sunny days and no rain; although we did have about one-half inch last night.  It wasn't enough to do much for the water table but it did give the garden a nice bath and refreshed the plants.  Ponds and rivers are lower than they have been for years, but all we can do it wait and conserve water where we can.

Below are two more pufferfish whistles.  I am having fun painting all the unglazed stuff I have found.  I keep thinking that it's tons of stuff.  In reality it's no more than two kiln shelves.  I'm using stuff I had set aside for one reason or another for glaze experiments and tests.  Gosh at some point I may have to make more test bowls!



We are definitely entering autumn weather with warm days and cool nights.  I am hoping that the dahlias that I put in so late will have time to bloom.  They are budding up nicely.  Woody is still around, my he does love a tasty petunia.  I've moved the pots up close to the house for their own good.

Proge's father has a woodchuck that only eats the weeds in their garden.  If they figure out how to get others to be so discriminating they will be in the money!

Enjoy the coming week.  As always, thanks for stopping by..........*s*

11 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest pufferfishes in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Suzi,
    Oh my such a Woodchuck would be worth a fortune; we need several with a healthy apetite!
    Lovely Pufferfish whistles you show us here.
    Well, we got our fair share of rain while we were for 7 days in Arizona and also the last couple of days. Yesterday, Pieter barely managed to mow the lawn as it started pouring down again.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette....We're still waiting for a good rain. We seem to be getting a bit more with the changing fall weather pattern.
      Wouldn't be great if we could train wild creatures to help instead of hinder?!

      Delete
  3. Good luck tomorrow! Teeth, joints..... Argh!

    Love love love the pufferfish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy...Thanks. Growing older is not for the faint of heart!

      Delete
  4. Cannot wait to see them fired....and my goodness, this week took a quick turn to cold weather of yes it did...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary....We'll see, Grasshpper....we'll see! Toes crossed for a long fall.

      Delete
  5. Oh, how I want that woodchuck.
    The puffer fish look great, you make the best whistles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori....Thanks! We all want that woodchuck!

      Delete
  6. Hi Cheri....Thanks. There is obviously money to be made in the trained woodchuck market!

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.