I finally managed to get Tyrian into the kiln. Below is the mandala design I did on the bottom shell, and his feet and head too. If you look carefully between the front feet you can see where it came apart in the bisque firing.
The next two shots are the top from the head and tail. I was fooling around with a tree of life design. I like the idea but I need to do a lot more drawings before I do it again.
I have some strange blend of Yggdrasil and Discworld going on here. Inspirations comes from strange places!
I used Mason Stains over Spectrum #799 Majolica White for glazing, and fired to ^05.
We are having sun with wind after a rainy Saturday. The yard is beginning to resemble a hay field. I hope our mower is fixed soon!
Have a good Sunday.
As always, thanks for stopping by.................*s*