Monday, March 27, 2017

Monday 'Mug'



Not really a mug at all.  It holds about three ounces.

I used to make these many years ago at the end of throwing off the hump sessions.  I would keep them for glaze tests.  This is rust with yellow over brown speckle clay.

I know I made it in my first year because it's a ^6 clay body and glaze before I switched to majolica.

I also remember signing these with the signature I now use.  I used a different one when I started so I would not associate my early work with later stuff.


We are in the middle of a rainy, cloudy spell.  It's warmed up a bit from last week.  But I still have one very lonely daffodil shivering in my garden.



Toes crossed for some sun this week.

As always, thanks for stopping by...........*s*

8 comments:

  1. That glaze is really pretty. I’d call that and espresso mug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori....Thanks. Proge says it's a perfect size for a little whisky and a small ice cube.
      The glaze is a really simple base glaze that has many variations.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Lori - on glaze and size :) hope you get some more daffodils soon... we are waiting for some autumn colour but are getting lots of rain and bound to get more with a cyclone up north in Qld as they often bring more rain further south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna....Thanks.
      Stay safe. Am I right that your cyclones are our hurricanes?

      Delete
  3. Dearest Suzi,
    Fond memories for you about your beginning period.
    3 ounces would make a great way to serve any herb liquor in winter time...
    Sending you hugs and I'm finally able to catch up. Dinner for Pieter's club done yesterday so our home is back to normal again.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marietta......Although my cups and mugs generally vary in size from 8 - 16 ounces, for there is something very comforting in working on these small things. I generally handbuild them now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Photos are so deceiving! I never would have guessed it was so small. That's a nice earthy glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michele.....The glaze, RUST WITH YELLOW in this incarnation has presence. It's a very simple base glaze with many variations.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.