Thursday, May 24, 2018

More Stuff

Another tea canister ready for the kiln.  I have painted a few luna moths, but this is the first time I have done dragonflies.  I am not sure about the ladybugs, but they wanted to be there so what the hey!



If I glaze, I always put something on the bottoms of my pots and inside the lids.  I like little decorative surprises so I assume others do too.  I know many low fire potters do this.


And last, a picture of Grayby and Ringo at breakfast.  At about ten months it's hard to believe they are from the same litter.  One of the things I love about watching kittens from the same litter grow up is how different their personalities are.  Grayby is a sit beside kitty.  She will sit besides us to get pats, but woe betide those who try to put her on a lap.  Ringo, on the other hand will lounge on whoever or what ever is available, preferably on his back to get belly rubs.


I found a picture of the kittens nursing outside, just before we brought them in.  That's Gryby on the end with Ringo next to her.  Their eyes were just opening.

As always, thanks for stopping by.............*s*

13 comments:

  1. Love the casserole...hope the firing is successful, I'll be waiting to see it finished. Yes, cats of same litter probably have different dads, thus many different personalities! Love em anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb.....I am slowly accumulating enough to fill the kiln. Toes crossed that it will be full in a few weeks.
      Of course we have no idea who the father(s) of LuckyPeach’s litter is. I have assumed he was an orange/ginger as all the kittens except Grayby were ginger and white. Who Knows?!

      Delete
  2. your painting is so lovely and the surprise I am sure is a welcome one for those discovering it unexpectedly; my cat Barney will not let us pick him up; two seconds top and then he will squirm or bite to get let down; Barney is a follow around cat; I love all the different personalities of each animal. Several weeks ago I found a luna moth on the screen porch with one wing intact but only half of the other I brought him out of doors but I am afraid he succumbed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda.....Thanks; they are fun to do too.
      Watching the day to day interactions of our bunch is like watching the interactions of a large family.
      Luna moths only live a few days so your was probably not going to make it. How kind of you to bring him inside.

      Delete
  3. Love your brushwork!! Dragonflies and Luna Moths just lovely! Grayby and Ringo...... really the same litter? Would have missed that one on the test! Even size wise they look so different but both just ADORBS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy...Thanks. It's hard to believe Ringo and Grayby are from the same litter. Particularly when they were so close in size when they were tiny.

      Delete
  4. Dearest Suzi,
    Love your playful manner of decorating your objects and they look really attractive!
    As for different personalities, that is as true for pets as it is for human beings. One often wonders what kind of genetics trigger down the gene pool. But amusing that is, we observe the very same. We only have 2 real lap cats from all 6. The one that got killed by a car was a reserved lap cat but she loved being belly rubbed too. Can't believe the size either but our Speckie, non related to the others, LOVES to eat-eat and it shows.
    Hugs from Georgia where we live through an endless wet monsoon. Lawn looks awful but what can you do?
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette.....Thanks. Toes crossed that I will be able to fire soon and see what they actually look like.
      I think one reason that the older cats are so accepting of the new(ish) additions is that Aloysius, the alpha male, loves everyone he meets.

      Delete
    2. P.S. Hope you and Pieter are surviving the monsoons.

      Delete
    3. Aloysius is exceptional and yes, we have had sunshine this morning, rain will come in the afternoon but this feels so lovely! Hope it soon will clear up for good!
      💗

      Delete
  5. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.