Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Talkative Tuesday and..........


OTHER STUFF

More rain today.......a good day for working inside....glazing and kiln loading.



I've decided that if there is Wordless Wednesday, why not Talkative Tuesday?

I am not happy about a response I received a few days ago to a Wordless Wednesday I did a few weeks ago.  The name on the reply was Aria Zoesch.  When I hit her name all I got was a blank page form saying this person had nothing to share with me.  Alarm bells started ringing so I googled the name.  Numerous bloggers have received the word for word exact same posting over the summer.  I cannot believe this is a legitimate or even real person.  Next will be offers from princes in Nigeria offering to give me untold amounts of money for access to bank accounts and a small fee.  Have I mentioned that I have several bridges for sale in this area?

I am almost certain this happened because I have been linking to the Wordless Wednesday site.  I am going to continue Wordless Wednesday because I like the idea of an image standing on it's own for others to connect with in their own way.  However I am no longer going to link with the site and have taken down my link to it.

Hey!  Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

On a happier note I have been experimenting with making more goblets.  I have no idea where this is going.  Sometimes ideas take months or even years to mature.  I may end up with them on a shelf where I can look at them.  This is one of the cool things about making stuff.  It sort of ferments in the dark parts of my brain and eventually comes to the surface.

I have been cleaning my studio.  Not too bad since I did major sorting last July.  And getting the sun room shelves ready for plants to come inside.  And getting the wonderboard put up for the stove we are bringing upstairs. (The tiles will have to go in next year, as I am still making them.)  And recycling clay so I don't have to do it in the dead of winter........you get the idea.  Fall is a busy time!

Staying busy...staying out of trouble.

As always, thanks for stopping by............*s*

7 comments:

  1. first off- we are loving the bread recipe you shared and it has become the go to quick recipe.
    Love it!
    And, yes they are out to get you! I had what I would consider an ad recently- really debated on leaving it-not why I do this.
    Anyway- pots do take years to work out.
    Cheers!M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you always have to be careful on the internet. I had some weird happenings on blogger and changed to WordPress -- all spam is filtered now.

    I think sometimes we're all in such a hurry - Wordless posts are good -- but then sometimes a little talking is good too -

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wordless wednesday and please continue. I have had occasional spam on blogger but nothing to be concerned about, mostly harmless and humorous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Suzi,

    In the almost three years that I am blogging I've never participated in any of those Mr. Linky things. Don't see the value (if any?) of that. Who in the world is going to read all those posts. Google is tracking down all that kind of suspicious and excessive linking and it will hurt your blog. So better focus on your personal expertise and ask yourself, seriously, how many followers have you gained by those linking games?
    Hugs to you,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not funny when you get these strange comments.
    Cute pots you are doing, I like them.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meredith...Yes! I use it the same way....so handy. That's why when asked how long it took me how long it took me to make a pot I want to say as many years as I have been creating stuff!

    Hi Judy....There is a balance between silence and speech. I could never go completely wordless; I'm way too gabby!

    Hi Michele....I'm going to keep going, just not linking. Really, I have had very little spam. This just struck me as slightly creepy.

    Hi Mariette.....I don't really like the big link sites. I don't have the time to read so many blogs from people I don't know. I have gained followers from artists' and potters' groups, which are generally quite small.

    Hi Elna....As I said, "slightly creepy!" Glad you like the pots. We'll see, Grasshopper, we'll see..........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, more goblets please! Those pictured on your last post are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.