I've been spending a lot of time catching up on glazing. I'm trying to dig out all the bisqued stuff I have and get it fired. Some stuff I'm not happy with I'll save for tests. They are going into a special bin so I can find them when I need them.
I'm doing a slow but steady studio reorganization and clean up; after all it's spring!
The teapot should be posted tomorrow for Teapot Tuesday but I could easily forget so here it is. The bottom is glazed with a Spectrum Metallic. I waxed it so I would not have to worry about getting other glazes and colorants on it. The rest of the pot is glazed with Spectrum #251 Satin White. There are three brushed coats. The colors are Mason Stains. The green is mixed 50/50 with frit 3124. The red is a Mason encapsulated cadmium mixed with frit 3124 and gerstley borate 50:25:25. I find that the gertsley borate adds a better density to the cadmiums. I did thin this quite a bit with water to get more of a water color effect.
It's going to be interesting to see how this comes through the firing.
As I mentioned on my Facebook page Woodrow has returned. He's living under the shed again. I took this on Saturday when he was out relaxing in the sun. If we can get him to stay by the shed, we'll let him stay. I am hoping he is Woodrow and not Woodrina. What we don't need is a ton of babies. That's when the have-a-heart traps will come out with relocation to a spot in the bordering state forest.
It may not be warm enough to grow much outside, but that doesn't mean plants don't stop trying. This is a strawberry plant that I had in a hanging planter last year. I wintered it over and it started fruiting a few weeks ago. This is the first ripe berry. I have no idea what it will taste like, but I like it for its prettiness and tenacity!
Finally it's acting more like spring. It's supposed to be in the high seventies all week. A nice change from weather that has felt more like March than May!
Here's to sunny days!
As always, thanks for stopping by.............*s*