This is one of the first tripod mugs I made last year. I decided this morning that before I make a bunch of them I really should see if they stand as sturdily with beverage in them as they do when empty.
So far so good. It seems to be very stabile. Holds eight ounces with room for milk or cream. I haven't tried it in the microwave yet. I personally never put mugs in the zapper but I know people do so I like to know what will happen.
I'm okay with the design. The base is glazed in a low fire Spectrum metallic; I have no idea wich one! I meant to glaze the interior with clear, but used the clear with a little Mason Red-Brown that I use on terra cotta. Live and learn!
We have had another period of heavy showers. I am hopeful that it will clear enough for me to finally plant my dahlias. Last year the caterpillars devastated them, so I decided to hold off until they were pupating. With our wet, chilly spring they have not done well at all. HURRAH!
as always, thanks for stopping by.....*s*