Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Fish


Another pot ready for firing.  I am still catching up on all the stuff that has been hanging around my studio.  It's surprising what is showing up.

This was going to be a tea canister, but I broke the lid.  One of the good things about working with the same clay body is that I know the shrink rates, so it is relatively easy to make a replacement.  The lid isn't perfect but since it's for my own use, I am not worried about it.


It's glazed in Spectrum #799 Majolica White, with mixed Mason Stains.


And lastly here is another picture of Ringo being strange.  He dragged this bathmat from the bathroom to the sunroom.  He likes to hide under it and sleep.  At least he thinks he is hiding.


As always, thanks for stopping by............*s*

7 comments:

  1. oh that fish jar is so lovely, the fish really look like they are swimming happily. What a unique cat, isn't it wonderful to have such wonderful creatures to keep us entertained. Does he have long hair ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda....Thanks. Ringo is one of the kittens we kept along with his mother LuckyPeach when she had her babies under our shed roof. Ringo is long haired and fluffy; sometimes I call him the Fluffernutter. He weighs about thirteen pounds; his sister, Grayby, weighs in under five.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that jar! Reminds me that I need to get a new Betta for my tank. Ringo looks like quite a character. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michele......Thanks. I’ve been looking at al lot of betas, as you may have guessed.
    Ringo is definitely a character. He has taken to flipping his tail over my face if I don’t get up and feed him. 🐈 🤭

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Suzi,
    Your tea canister is in pleasant soft colors and you did quite a tedious painting on it as well. Sure you have solved the lid problem in a near perfect way!
    As for Ringo, guess all cats love mats. We have cotton mats in the bathrooms and in our bedroom, for the purpose of easy laundering. But they always mess with them. Sleep on them, in them or partly under them. Like boxes, they get oh so attracted to them.
    Hugs and happy Mother's Day weekend!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mariette....Thanks. )dd kitty behavior seems to be pretty much universal!
    Happy Mother’s Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.