Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Humpty Redux

Recently, Sandy Miller reminded me that I have forgotten to post Humpty Dumpty ready for the kiln.

I am using Mason stains mixed 50/50 with frit #3124 and water to get the brushing consistency I want.  I treat the encapsulated reds a bit differently and mix 25/25/50 gerstley borate, frit #3124, and stain.  Again I vary the water depending on how thin or opaque I want the color.  Adding the gerstley borate makes the stain work more like a gouash than a watercolor.

Blogger is being weird about my posting so I will just wish every one a sunny day.

As always, thanks for stopping by.....*s*




8 comments:

  1. wow, love all the detail, can't wait to see when fired, why do you use the gerstley with the red ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda....Thanks. The GB/frit combo makes the red brush smoothly. Encapsulated reds tend to clump on the surface when mixed with frit only.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Suzi,
    That was quite a painting job; lots of details.
    Hope you had a lovely weekend.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mariette....Thanks.
    We are late but finally getting the heard cleaned up. Right now it’s mostly picking up all the branches that came down during various windstorms.
    It is so nice to have spring finally be here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made great progress.This is really pretty and good idea on site !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.