Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Wood Stove Firing

Since my real studio is way too cold for any prolonged work, I have tried firing in my wood stove. This was fired in my Jotel in the top circulator space.  I used my low fire terra cotta and left it in the stove for about twenty-four hours.    I think it's somewhere around ^06.  It feels and sounds the way t.c. is at that temp.  I lightened the photo a bit so some of the detail can be seen.
Next time I'll put some cones in. 
Unlike many years we are still using the wood stove 24/7. 



My hibiscus have started blooming.  These are southern varieties that I winter over inside.  They generally start blooming when the days get longer.
It's nice to have some color inside.


As always, thanks for stopping by.........*s*

5 comments:

  1. how nice to have flowers inside this time of year. I remember when I lived in arkansas rose of sharon was grown there white a bit with a similar flower, not sure how hardy they are; I have often thought to build a small wood stove out of doors, maybe one of these days. you chicken looks curious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda.....My daffodils are only just beginning to bloom outside, so it’s extra nice to have something blooming inside.
    Thanks for catching the expression on the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Suzi,
    Oh my, firing in the wood stove... Yes, here the cold and windy, mean weather seems relentless this year. So longing for mild days.
    We went to a wedding on Saturday, about 2 hours north from us. I did wear a warmer suit, wool/silk with a sweater and pants but still, that nippy wind was relentless. Felt so sorry for the bride and bridesmaids! WHY do they all love to have this outdoors?!
    The dinner was lovely indoors, cozy and elegant.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette.....It’s really odd to be running the stove this late in the year. Usually we stop by mid March.

      Delete
  4. Hibiscus was my mother's favorite flower. I bought one last week, in memory of her. I will have to bring it in come winter. Too cold for them here as well.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.