This is an experiment. I have glazed smaller purchased flower pots with some success, but this one is a larger size, about thirteen inches across at the top. I bought several of them on sale at Job Lot. I inspected the rims very carefully and even sprayed them when I got them home to make sure there were no hairline cracks. Even the tiniest crack will wreak complete havoc on a pot in its glaze firing. I sanded the pot with a 80 grit paper and sprayed it with vinegar and water. I let it dry in the sun for a day before glazing.
This is glazed with Spectrum #799, Majolica White. Through my experiments on small, purchased pots I have found that my studio glazes are a crap shoot. I had one where the glaze slid completely off the pot to form a very nice ring at its foot. Needless to say I always fire on a pad or piece of kiln shelf.
Now the question is how to paint it. I want something fairly simple as it will have plants, probably petunias and friends, in it. I will stare at it and do some sketches.
I am making these for my own use with no intention of ever selling them. That would be too close to paint your own pottery for comfort.
We'll see, Grasshopper......we'll see............
As always, thanks for stopping by......*s*