Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Why majolica?

I think it started with my Nanu's teapot.  She had many, but this one was majolica, made in Italy around the turn of the 19th-20th century.  I would look at it and wonder how they did it.  Fast forward approximately forty years later to a majolica workshop given by a grad student at R.I.C.  I went home, pulled Nanu's teapot out of storage and aha, "I can do that!"

I am a fauve at heart.  I love the colors I can achieve with Majolica, the feel of my brush on raw glaze, and the risk of having one chance to get it right.

This blog will be a work in progress.  I decided to start posting because I am fully capable of losing myself in dithering.

EVERYTHING CHANGES!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging and thank you for stopping by TNS. Was so nice to hear from you.
    By the way, with your comments embedded below the post, some people may not be able to leave a comment. If you change the setting to "full page", everyone can comment with no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ark. Patti...thanks for stopping by. I took your advice and went to 'full page' for comments.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.