Friday, January 4, 2013

On The Eleventh Day


Of Christmas
My true love gave to me
Eleven twelfth night candles



Ten favorite brushes
And........


I managed to get a migraine yesterday so I wasn't much good for anything.

The candles are floaters which we will burn on twelfth night....which is really tonight but, oh well.....We will also have candles outside in snow lanterns.  Hopefully it will be relatively calm, although snow lanterns are a safe way to burn candles.

Yes, I am a sucker for brushes, I admit it.  These are a very few of my favorites.  When I am doing large surfaces the big ones can't be beat.  If anyone is thinking the large wash brush looks a little chewed....Winter got hold of it and trimmed it a bit.  It now makes some interesting marks.  Second from the left is one I made myself.  I save old handles for that purpose.

It's supposed to be a little warmer today.  There's some stuff I want to do in my studio.  With the sun warming the area it should be good to go by noon.

The jasmine is starting to bloom.  It always amazes me that a few small flowers can fill the upstairs with their scent.

As always, thanks for stopping by...........*s*

4 comments:

  1. I love brushes too and always love to see posts on them, I do not like migraines, ick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about the migraine :-(

    i think i am a sucker for most art supplies, but there is something about brushes that are so very attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasmine indoors, how wonderful, those look like some great brushes, sorry about the migraine, Gary used to get lots of them, he cut out coca cola, most chocolate and cheese and he hasn't had one since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracey....There is something about a brush, isn't there?

    Hi Michele....I always can find an excuse to buy a new brush!

    Hi Linda....The lime tree has also started to bloom. I rarely get migraines these days. I am terribly allergic to chocolate. This one may have been due to animals jumping on me and preventing sleep.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.