Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Teapot Tuesday #4

IN PROGRESS:

I've been putting spouts and lids on the pots I threw a few days ago.  I'm thinking about the handle.  I want something a little funky to echo or reflect the bent spout.  Sketches are in order!


Salmon has been on sale this week at our market .  Proge cooked this on the grill last night with lots of dill on a bed of cedar twigs.  He also roasted golden beets.  I made a warm salad with green beans, fiddlehead ferns, peppadews and Kalamata olives in a lemon balsamic vinaigrette.  It was delicious.


  Three days of sun and warmth have seen the trees start to leaf out.  Some of them have been at the 'pre-pop' stage for weeks.  They just needed a little encouragement, as do we all at times.

I hope everyone is enjoying sunny days.  As always, thanks for stopping by.....*s*

P.S.  Go take a look at all the Teapot Tuesday posters....GaryMeredith's post of Mark's teapot;  Linda; Lori.

8 comments:

  1. oh a nice beginning to your teapot, I have never had fiddleheads, one of these days what do they taste like? now I'm going to have to start making teapots, haven't made a lot of them so keep putting it off, but practice makes perfect they say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda....Thanks. Fiddleheads are sort of like asparagus, but you have to have the right kind or they are awful!
      Make teapots.....after all we have to support Gary!

      Delete
  2. Dearest Suzi,
    Bet those cedar twigs add a very unique flavor to the salmon!
    Your teapots start looking nicer already, anxious to see what you come up with for handles.
    Sending you sunshine and hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette.....Cedar adds a subtle flavor.
      By doing a bunch of pots at at once I can try different things!
      Enjoy the day!

      Delete
  3. egad, the suspense, what will it look like! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary....I wonder what they will look like too. We'll see, Grasshopper....we'll see!

      Delete
  4. After you make a handle to complement the spout what will you do for a knob?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori....Make the knob reflect or echo the handle.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.