Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Small Rewards

After our floods, (I never mentioned the one that happened when the discharge hose from the washing machine was disconnected.) I have had the chore of going through several boxes that had been left on the floor.  The cardboard was pretty soggy, but the contents were fine.

At the bottom of one I found this mug that I either did at Haystack in a Linda Arbuckle workshop or shortly after returning home.  I know it is Linda's glaze, obviously on a terra cotta clay, but whether it's the one supplied by Haystack or mine I can't remember.  It was 2002 after all!

Below are two views of the same mug.  I was going through a huge Clarisse Cliffe phase.  I did this design as a direct homage to her work.  




On a sadder note, I was so very sorry to hear of Carrie Fisher's death.  She was not only the world's princess, but a gutsy lady who carried on through all the adversities of her life.

 I love the fact that the final screen image (admittedly CGI) is of her turning and when asked what the file she has been handed holds, answers, "A new hope."

2016 has been the pits, so I have decided that my words for 2017 will be that.....A NEW HOPE!

As always, thanks for stopping by..............*s*




10 comments:

  1. Me too, Suzi. I was glad to see her journal published about her affair with Harrison...and in an interview when the reporter (on NPR) said it was "excerpts from her journal," Carie corrected her and said, "No, it's the journal itself." What a lady. As to the mug...it's sure a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb....We will all mis Carrie's wit and charm, and now Debbie too!

      Who can forget Singing In The Rain?

      Delete
  2. If you hadn't had the flood, you wouldn't have found that neat mug. That makes it a mug half full.
    Me too on Carrie. Her sense of humor always got me. She had a great wit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti....Sometimes life is all about the small rewards!

      Delete
  3. Dearest Susan,
    Unexpected treasure find!
    One thing can lead to another; more pleasant event.
    As for these actresses, both of us never had the leisure time of getting to know anything about them, nor their movies. That's the other side of the medal for speaking seven languages in order to give seminars the world over to teach others to make a better living... Did we miss a lot? Don't think so as we got to know the reality of life in all continents and that's a very rich feeling.
    Stay warm and dry (we got heave rain and wind today as well...) and manage the exit of 2016 to a Happy and Healthy 2017. Love your motto: 'A NEW HOPE'
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    Am down with the flu... worst part is over though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette.....So sorry you are down with the flu. Take care and don't start doing too much too quickly. Relapses are no fun!
      Happy New Year to you and Pieter

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear of your washing machine mishap :-(.
    Jeff and I saw Rogue one on Christmas Day, and had listened to the recent interview with Carrie Fisher on Fresh Air. She will be missed.
    Happy New Year to you and yours! 2017 will be great despite the adversity that we face in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele...It's always sumthin' when you own your own!
      Happy New year to you and Jeff!

      Delete
  5. Dear Suzi,

    So sorry to hear about your washing machine - had that happen to me and it went all under the stairway where lots of things were stored.
    Happy New Year and best wishes for 2017
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn...I am always amazed at how far liquid can spread. At least it was easily fixed, although time consuming!
      Happy New year!

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.