Friday, June 29, 2018

Tile

Whenever I want to do some straightforward illustrating I dig out one of the tiles I keep on hand.  They are glazed with who-knows-what, probably Spectrum #799 Majolica White.

I use Mason stains, mostly mixed with frit #3124, sometimes with gerstley borate added to give a denser color.  I will fire at ^05.

I have been looking at a lot of Mucha lately, so you don’t have to look far for the inspiration.  



This is not quite finished but I wanted to get a photo  before I loaded the kiln.  Yes I am going to do a firing soon.

Toes crossed that all my northern hemisphere friends are enjoying a terrific summer.  I am enjoying tea by the fish pond in the mornings.  It is such a relief to not have caterpillars crunching and crapping everything in sight.

As always, thanks for stopping by.......*s*



9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how the lines come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb.....Part of my love(mostly)/hate thing with majolica is not knowing what will happen in the firing.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Linda......I can’t believe June is gone. Of course that may be due to the first part of the month being more like late April. Sunny, warm days now, so no complaints.

      Delete
  3. Very nice! Be sure to post after the firing.
    I feel like we went from winter to HOT weather. It's rarely cool enough to sit out on our patio these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michele...Forgetting to post after work is fired is my downfall, but I will try.
    We are hot to. It’s nice on the deck late afternoon and early evening.
    I like sitting by the pond shade and the sound of water makes me cool, even if it really isn’t. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Suzi,
    That is a lovely illustration, very well done!
    Glad you can enjoy the outdoors without pests.
    We are also enjoying our summer.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mariette...Thanks; I always have a wait and see attitude until it’s out of the kiln. One of my potter friends says he doesn’t count on them until they are actually sold or given!
    Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.