Friday, December 11, 2020

JUST WHISTLE


 When I have been away from making whistles for a time I always need to make some throwaways to get back in practice.  

I usually make ‘bag whistles’. They are pinched from small balls of clay and end up looking like scrunched brown paper bags. Good for practice, but I generally wad them up and recycle once I can make a decent whistle.

This time looking at them I saw funny little scrunched up faces. So I added eyeballs and cleaned them up a bit.  I am not sure what will become of them, butI will glaze and once fire them.

We’ll see, grasshopper..........we’ll see...........

Have a safe and enjoyable weekend.

As always, stay safe, and thanks for stopping by...........*s*   

7 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    Well, the one to the right is funny indeed, blinking an eye...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mariette...They’ll be even funnier/stranger once I get them glazed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anyone but you who are making these whistles, these are kind of creepy creatures to my mind's eye, kind of like a scary movie in a good way

    ReplyDelete
  4. HiLinda...Thanks, creepy is Kay. I see whistles on ETSY and know a few people make them, but it’s a pretty niche area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are charming!
    In the Beforetimes, I used to do a whistle demo in my classes. (can't now, because masks.) Mine almost always come out looking like hedgehogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori...Thanks. As I said in the post I usually squash and recycle these.
      I am rather fond of hedgehogs!

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.