Monday, March 7, 2022

Majolica Monday #5

 

Sunflower Bowl in progress.  I have been drawing sunflowers in prep for some flower pot planters I am doing.  Suddenly became appropriate given the times we are living in.

This is the first time actually painting on the raw glaze.  Spectrum Satin white #251 with my own mixed Mason stains. It will have a thin coat of satin clear when I finish painting.  One of the things I have learned is that the glaze cannot be too thick when once firing.


As always, stay safe, and thanks for stopping by………….*s*

4 comments:

  1. Lovely design...I hope it comes out of firing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Suzi,
    Sunflowers are anyone's favorite I guess, looks great.
    Good luck with the firing.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mariette......Thanks. I have always loved their bright flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.