Monday, February 19, 2024

Baking Bread


Well! My sourdough starter bit the dust which means starting over.  Before anyone offers advice on reconstituting, it was moldy as a result of a refrigerator melt down.  (Yes at some point we will need a new one.  Meanwhile the old one is limping along.)

I have been doing yeasted bread which is different but equally delicious.  This is an oatmeal loaf.  I used a cup of Bob' Red Mill thick cut oats which sat in two cups of boiling water until cool.  I added a bit more water when I started the actual loaf.
 It is delicious.  As a Type 2 diabetic I don't eat a lot of bread so when I do I want it to be tasty.  

I rarely use a written recipe these days.  I do write down what I am doing if I am experimenting.

And happier days have the sun shining through my bedroom windows when it rises.  It's a small joy, which I have been thinking about a lot.  Yes, there is always gratitude to practice.  But there is a great deal to be said for finding small joys in our daily live.  Perhaps I will do a longer post on this.

As always, stay safe, and thanks for stopping by.............*S*

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    You always have been such an excellent baker!
    Your loaves are magazine worthy.
    Oh, we got sunshine as well after some dreary, dark days.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you do get your sourdough mother going again, freeze a portion...and dry another....good backups

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.