Monday, August 1, 2016

Manatee Mermaid Monday

I am painting mermaids on my manatee whistles.  

Supposedly sailors saw manatees swimming and thought they were mermaids.  Those must have been some pretty desperate sailors.


This one is obviously in progress.  I wanted to take photos before I wax it so I can continue working without smearing or rubbing off part of the design.

 There is still a ways to go with this one.  I have two more in progress.  I'll try to remember to take photos as I work.


Alas the best laid plans......

Hares and Rabbits for August First!

As always. thanks for stopping by..............*s*

9 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    Indeed, there still is a lot of fantasy needed for seeing them as mermaids!
    Love yours very much.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette....I think the world must have been a strange and wonderful place for early explorers.

      Delete
  2. just wonderful. manatees seem like mermaids since they are gentle giants

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! More photoes as they progress, yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb.....Thanks. I'll try to remember to take photos; sometimes the notion of recording process gets lost in the process!

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.