Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Boar's Head





The Boar's Head

The boar's head in hand bear I
Bedecked with bay and rosemary
And I pray you my masters be merry,
Quod estes in convivio.


This boar's head is a prototype for a whistle and needs a lot of work.  The herb wreath overpowers the head.  His expression also needs work.  In spite of the tusks he looks too happy.  Back to the studio!





Another pecan pie.  I finally got the recipe working the way I want it to.....got rid of the Karo.  And I am happy with my crust.  Cold, cold, cold makes for good crust!

Thanks for stopping by..............-s-

8 comments:

  1. mmm pecan pie... didn't have any this year. my sister is the pecan pie maker in my family.
    look forward to seeing your whistle finished... that is something i have never tried to make before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, ice cold milk or ice water for a good crust, learned it in my Antoinette Pope cookbook, that looks so delicious, wish we could serve meals through the internet. good luck with the boar's head whistle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the whistle!! Can't wait to see it finished.

    Ahhhhh pecan pie........ yum, I'll take a sliver and pass the coffee as I did not make it this year.

    have a wonderful new year smart cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gary.....yes indeed, pecan pie is a treat!

    Hi Michelle.....whistles are kind of a thing with me.

    Hi Linda....Cold water and shortening and not overworking the dough. Love the idea of virtual meals!

    Hi Sandy....I'm making some more today. I think we need to do an internet meal. Think it would be healthier in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year and best wishes for a wonderful 2012.
    The pecan pie looks delicious and the boars head is fun.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carolyn....thanks for stopping by....the pie was delicious. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pie picture makes my tummy grumble. An absolutely beautiful pie! YOU GOT TALENTS

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.