Sunday, September 18, 2016

More Stuff


Here are some small spoon rest I did as design tests.  I used to make little dishes, but got frustrated with having to trim them by hand so I have been making them out of slabs formed over curved forms.  I used a large measuring set ,which I found in a kitchen outlet shop, for these.  (Kitchen suppliers are one of my favorite places to find studio stuff!)


I am making a valiant attempt at sorting my glazes.  I want samples I can reference easily, small enough to keep on a shelf yet not get lost.  There were two small buckets with question marks.  I've come up with a coding system for the tests and am using the same system on the buckets!

That was a belated ray of light!  I don't know why I have never thought of doing this before.  You are never too old to learn new tricks!


We are having strange weather today.  Hot and humid, after two nights of needing blankets on the bed! It feels like the barometer has dropped....hurricane weather!  We may be getting the edge of one, possibly with rain.  I'll believe it when I see it!

Enjoy the week ahead.

As  always, thanks for stopping by.................*s*

6 comments:

  1. your spoon rests don't look like test, they are lovely. and can't wait to see what you do with the mugs, we are getting a good soaking today and I have the doors flung open, yippee finally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda....Thanks. We have gotten about two inches of rain in the last two days. Not enough but every little bit helps.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Suzi,
    What a clever way for making those spoon rests!
    Hope you will end up having more enjoyable weather for the coming autumn.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette....I like to figure out easy ways to make a lot of items when I am doing tests.
      We had rain. It was wonderful!

      Delete
  3. nice spoon rests... guessing the all white ones will be decorated too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna...The white ones are various majolica glazes. I am going to use the same pallet on all of them so I can compare the interaction of glaze and color.

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.