Thursday, September 13, 2018

Glazing

This is the purchased pot I glazed a while ago. 
 I only just realized that I never posted a picture of the painted pot.  I am still working on dragonflies so I decided that this was a good practise opportunity.  I am not totally satisfied, but they are beginning to get there.  The leaf pattern is a very old one that I haven’t used in ages.


The weather changed quite suddenly at the end of last week.  We went from ninety plus with high humidity to seventies and a couple of days of sixties overnight.  I even had to wear socks! 

We have been having rain with occasional bits of sun. The only thing we expect from Florence is possible rain,which we can always use.

On that note I hope all those who are in Flrence’s path are taking care and not taking chances.  I know it has been downgraded to a cat.2, but the potential for damage is still present.

As always, thanks for stopping by...............*s*

11 comments:

  1. I like your dragonflies! Yes, we expect a lot of rain here...glad you've got some fall-ish weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb....Thanks. My toes are crossed for one of our long warm falls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Suzi,
    That is a lovely pot with dragonflies on. You managed rather well in painting them.
    Yesterday I had to see my podologist, a 2 hour drive and just east of Atlanta. Then I did make the rounds at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods Market and Costco and I must say, due to Florence and all the evacuees, the traffic was awful. I got home just at 7:50 PM to hungry cats... Pieter was with me but the driving is all on me and I was worn out because driving in traffic jam takes all your concentration!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mariette.....Thanks. I don’t count on a pot until it’s out of the kiln!
    Having been through several hurricanes, I know what you mean about insane traffic. It’s as though normally sane people lock their brains away.
    We go through crazy summer people every year. It’s one of the downs of living in a tourist area. We don’t even think about going to Newport or any other attractions between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
    II’ve been enjoying your posts about bike rides. You must be very happy to be back on wheels again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope that fires well for you... lovely design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna.....Thanks. I don’t seem to be able to do a firing without experimenting at least a little. We’ll see, grasshopper.......we’ll se....

    ReplyDelete
  7. dragonflies..fleeting,delicate,fascinating..not as easy to draw as you'd think! well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Gosh thanks, nothing like having to spellcheck spellcheck! Tried for GZ. I will not begin to post the alternatives offered.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.