Monday, February 11, 2019

Found Mug

Not really  found as I have known where I have had it hidden away.  Aloysius knocked it over almost as soon I took it out of the kiln and chipped one of the feet.  It's a prototype so I controlled myself and did not smash it on the floor!


I like the idea and the way the fish curves to fit the form.The rest of it needs work.
    1. The diameter is too small for the height.
    2.  The handle is too close to the mug, need to attach lower and have a bit more negative
         space.
    3. Feet work but they don’t feel strong enough visually.


Anything else?  I would love some constructive critique on this.

AQs always, thanks for stopping by...............*s*







7 comments:

  1. If the feet had a bit more outward turn, they might be a little more stable, and visually graceful.
    The brushwork is truly amazing, the fish seems to be alive, the way it fits the form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori.....Good idea on the feet. Thanks. Now I am looking at all the cups mugs and bowls I have used these feet on. Some work; some don’t.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Suzi,
    Always painful if one of our fur babies kills or nearly kills something...
    But not looking too bad!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mariette.....This summer I will be figuring it how to enclose shelves, so I can prevent these accidents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like the tall slender profile on this. From the angle of your photos it's hard to tell that the handle is to close. As always,beautiful brush work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle....Thanks. I like the profile to, but it has what I call bounce-back. Once the cup is half empty there a splash when tipping the cup away from my mouth. It’s weird to have a splash of tea on your face. Just a bit wider should solve it. I’ll make a bunch when it’s warmer in my studio

    ReplyDelete

I don't allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.