Sunday, May 19, 2019

Spring at Last!


Finally!  After many coy flirtations spring seems to be here.

The hibiscus have been blooming all winter.  It's not quite warm enough to put them out yet, but soon.



Meanwhile my columbine is thriving as is the white bleeding heart.  I just wish it weren't so difficult to transplant.  This one really need dividing, but I hesitate.


The first white violet is a tiny variety that seems to like to hide in the grass.  Shrinking violet?

The white and violet varieties grow all over the lawn.  Some might call them invasive but we do enjoy the way they look.  We also have dogtooth and bird'sfoot varieties, but they are harder to find.




And last, what would spring be without a frog?  We have several, but this fellow likes to pose on the edge of the pond so all can admire him.

My cataract surgery when very well indeed.  I have finally been given the go-ahead to work in my studio and garden.  Of course now that the weather is warm I want to be outside.  I think one reason this feels like it has been such a long haul is that I had to postpone the original dates due to a cold that didn't want to quit.  I was particularly incensed because I have not had a cold in years.

Never get too cocky, grasshopper....

As always, thanks for stopping by..............*s*

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    So many happy tidings here all at once; the best is your eye surgery that went well! Enjoy the spring now with full view.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette....Things have definitely improved. I am looking forward to mountain laurel season. It looks like it’s going to be a good year.

      Delete
  2. Oh I know you've been impatiently waiting for spring. So get barefoot and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barb....Spring did take its time, but we aren’t enjoying the warmth and being able to go out without dressing like Nanook of the North!
    As for going barefoot, too many hidden snags unless we are by the pool!

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.