Sunday, October 13, 2019

The Last Rose of Summer?

I thought this was the last rose, but yesterday I noticed two more buds forming.

Autumn is always interesting here because it often wanders along in the sixties even low seventies and then suddenly turns frosty.

The maples and some of the beech have begun to turn.  The oaks are always much later.

 

It's Turkey Time!  These are just a few of the very large flock that has been wandering through our yard at sunrise this week.


I have been reorganizing my studio to make it more conducive to work.

I am debating with myself about doing the Christmas Sale at my Art Association/ Pottery Co-op.

We'll see, Grasshopper.......we'll see......

The sun is out after days of rain and storm.   Enjoy!

As alwaqys, thanks for stopping by........*s*

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I see you are reorganizing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fragile strength. Beautiful despite the weather damage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gwynneth...For all their fragile appearance roses are tough.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Suzie,
    What a lovely farewell of Summer with such a perfect rose!
    You sure live in a lovely area, full of nature. Years ago in the 90s I've seen wild turkey near the creek on the back part of our property behind the greenhouse.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette....We are fortunate in that our property back onto state management forest and that we are zoned three acre, so we will never be overgrown with little houses.

      Delete
  4. I had so many roses in CA and none here and I do miss them and all their petals and fragrances. Those and the turkeys, although I have seen wild ones here along the roadside, farewell to the last summer of the decade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda.....This rose survived our caterpillar devastation so it’s a keeper. The wildlife we have is why our kitties are all indoor and Winter-pup is only out with supervision.

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.