Saturday, March 28, 2020

Sumthin'

The kiln goddess was good. 
I managed to finally fire my kiln before going into the hospital.  (More about that later.)


I have had many conversations about glazing and firing purchased terra cotta pots.  Here is proof that it can be done.
However, there are caveats:  1. Pots from Italy seem to be more successful.  Examine them carefully for hairline cracks. I spray mist to bring out any hidden problems.   2. I have used studio glazes
successfully, but there is a greater chance of crawling and bubbling so I am sticking with Spectrum
Majolica White #799.
This will be great outside over the summer but I will put it in a safe dry place before there is any chance of frost.

Now for the not so fun part.  I may get fairly graphic so if talk of bowels and such turns you off stop reading.
:
:
:
:
In late January I saw my primary care doc for my annual checkup.  She did not like the looks of hemorrhoids so recommended I see my gastroenterologist ASAP.  A week and a half later I was having a colonoscopy (which I was due for anyway).  Hemorrhoids taken care of but discovered a one and a half centimeter polyp which she removed and biopsied.  Came back cancerous, so within three weeksI was scheduled for upper bowel surgery. Went into the hospital March 24, had surgery, was well enough  to come home yesterday, Friday.

I seem to be recovering well.  But I am still trying to get used to thinking of myself as ‘at risk’. I guess at 76 and cancer survivor those are the breaks.  Staying away from people out here in the woods and enjoying early spring.

The good news is that a CT Scan showed no others problems.

Stay well and safe.  Get that colonoscopy; the prep is worse than the procedure.

As always, thanks for stopping by...............*s*

















ch

7 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    SO glad you got that nasty part behind you and with good results; now 'just' the healing!
    Yes, we all are in an 'at risk' group but let's stay positive and instead focus on the unfolding of spring around us. The miracle of NEW LIFE! We went biking for the first time since January 9. Poor Pieter still quit after one round as it was rather windy and he's not yet pain free from a sprained knee. That happened on March 14, climbing the stairs up to the Cultural Center where the wedding was... Always something interfering. That couple was very lucky for being able to pull it off. So many had to cancel their big day and even funerals and such had to be called off, only for intimate gatherings.
    Big hugs and enjoy being home with your son and your fur babies ❤️
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are on the road to recovery! Glad you caught it in time. My Dad had colon cancer in his late seventies, had just the surgery, no chemo. He is now 93 years old! May you be just as fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was wondering why we hadn't heard from you, so glad you had your surgery then and not now. Take it easy; surgery isn't that easy to recover from (I know), no heavy lifting for six weeks, be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzi so glad you have come through that procedure with positive news. That pot has turned out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two pieces of good news, a beautiful bowl, and you are on the mend again. So glad to hear from you, and see your bowl with such a dragonfly! Enjoy spring, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A huge THANK YOU to everyone. Knowing you are out there across the world is uplifting and encouraging.
    Meanwhile I have four kitties keeping me company!
    Love to all ..........*s*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pots.Great Work.You can have a look at http://www.potterymarket.co.uk/,they have large varieties of pottery,decorative and gifting items.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.