Thursday, April 2, 2020

And So It Goes.

We live in a ruralish area and don’t do a lot of going out in the world.
Prior to going into the hospital and before Crovid I was doing reasonably well, even though surgery was in the offing.
I fired Big Mama pretty successfully.  I was planning on cleaning and changing my studio a bit, which is something I like to do every spring.  I was even thinking about being able to do some selling at Christmas!
Now that I am home I am realizing that recovery is going to be a long, hopefully steady, process. I just have to take it on a day by day basis.
The most difficult thing has been to try to accept that I am almost seventy-seven and recent cancer surgery survivor.  I will make it a point to avoid people when I am able to drive. Others can do my errands; there is no need for me to go into places.
Doc follow-up appt tomorrow.........we’ll see, grasshopper......we’ll see.
As always, thanks for stopping by......*s*

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    Yes our age and condition are always a big factor to consider wherever we go and whatever we do!
    Hope your recovery is going as planned and that your follow-up appointment went according to the books.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely time to heal. We artists have to stop, or go more slowly, in producing things to sell. It's time for changes, like switching gears to use our creative juices in new ways. I'm just putting one foot in front of the other. And much slower than in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read that you have had to have surgery recently. Never easy to receive a diagnosis of something like cancer, but we hope and pray that your healing will be rapid and complete.
    All the very best to you,
    Peter from NZ

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.