Sunday, April 12, 2020

Sunshine

Happy Easter to all who celebrate the day.

My amaryllis have been blooming since early March.  I am not sure why but their blooms have been welcome in these dreary times.  The lighter, orange flower is a baby from one of my older bulbs. I just noticed last night that there is another bud stalk on its way.

About two years ago I jammed all my bulbs into a planter I had made and wasn’t using.  The idea was to summer them over and replant into more pots in the fall.  They did so well that I left them in the planter.  Since then I have been rewarded with many blooms both big and small.  I do need to get more bulb fertilizer though.


On the health front I am making progress.  Pain is much less and controlled with Tylenol.  Stamina is something that I need to build slowly.  I find that one ‘chore’ a day is my limit. Today it’s laundry.  will not be carrying anything, but I will be able to do the rest.

It’s a beautiful, sunny day with temps expected to get into the high fifties.  I am looking forward to a little walk around the yard and a visit to the fish pond.

As always, thanks for stopping by...............*s*

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    You needed some cheering for the difficult times you lived through and we all live through...
    Glad you are healing and yes, it slows down as we age so it takes a lot longer to fully mend. Patience is the hardest thing to deal with!
    We too had a beautiful striped Amaryllis that surprised us with a bud stalk and five blooms. Before those were gone, a second bud stalk came into sight with another five blooms. Now only one bloom is left. We needed some cheering during these difficult times.
    Also hard for dealing with all the HTML involved with the book publishing but I sure hope that in June I can self publish them; eBook; Paperback and Hardcover and be over with it. Did all the approx. 240 illustrations and several are color photos. What a mega task but now I'm getting some help from a professional graphic designer who's done more academic books. So happy with that!
    Hugs and continue to heal and don't be harsh on yourself - PATIENCE is the key word here! As for household chores, can't get it all done right now but I'll catch up later!
    Cooking yes, in-between I prepare large portions to freeze. We live in a complex time.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi...glad to hear you are on the road to recovery...a process, not an achievement. I do enjoy all your posts, and these flowers bring a lot of cheer today. Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those flowers are a beautiful color; we had 3.5 inches of rain last night; so glad you are doing well, Bonkers demolishes any indoor plants except the snake plant. Be well

    ReplyDelete
  4. what lovely bright flowers. Good to hear you are on the road to recovery.. don't be hard on yourself when some days seem like a step back. I hope you are soon strong enough to get back into your clay work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all for your kind words. I’ve had a bit of a run-around signing into my blog. Toes crossed it’s fixed.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.