Thursday, April 30, 2020

At Last!

What I call the ARRRGH FACTOR!!!  Safari, for reasons known only to itself decided to log me out of here and give me a runaround when signing in.  Finally remembered that when this happened on my MacBook I went through Chrome.  
In retrospect I don’t think it’s Safari but Chrome changing stuff.
Enough said! I’m baaaaaaack!!!


The little trees were part of a Christmas challenge that Caroline Gault did on FaceBook.  Of course I only got them fired in March. I like the way they turned out, but think I will do some with openings so they can hold a tea light.

Terra cotta with Spectrum #799, Majolica White with Mason stain, single fired to ^05+.


Yet another amaryllis is going to bloom in the next day or two.  I didn’t have any blooms at Christmas which is sort of the traditional time for them to bloom indoors.  (I bought a new one so I would have a bit of color)  However, they have been blooming steadily since March.  My Christmas cactus are also budding up.  Go figure, Mother Nature keeps her own calendar.

I am recovering from my surgery quite steadily.  I am still not doing heavy lifting or huge exercise.  I am walking around the yard on good days.  I missed so much of spring daffodils that it is a joy to see things flowering.  White bleeding heart is lovely.  The columbine is ready to burst.

I haven’t done any clay at all.  I am waiting for the right time.  I may glaze some bisque this afternoon.   It’s fairly mindless and needs to be completely dry before I start painting, so it’s a good way to start.

I am still staying at home in self quarantine.   It’s very strange to think of myself as being in the high risk group, but there you are! Proge does all the shopping; I drive but don’t get out of the car.

I hope all are safe and well.

As always, thanks for stopping by.............*s*

8 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    Oh, our Amaryllis did give us two stems with each 5 blossoms; unreal! But oh so welcome during a time where life seems dim.
    Both of us have very much stayed at home too. Only had my surgery (minor) and checkups done at the center for skin cancer. They only took patients like that, no other appointments. Shopping on line a lot and a rare visit to the store.
    Looking forward to some more FREEDOM though...
    Both of us have been busy with the Manuscript and also with the garden etc.
    Yesterday, on Pieter's B'day we had a crew take care of our big trees. Lots of branches cut off for more light and also some 4 trees down. They did a meticulous job and cleaned up very well.
    Good feeling for giving your trees a good hair-cut and some that had to go.
    Hope you're steadily recovering. Remember that patience is the key word here; due to our age... things heal a lot slower!
    Enjoy nature, that perks us up more than anything else.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mariette...There is a certain advantage to having enough land that going outside is not a problem. Of course today is chilly and wet after sun and 60ºF yesterday!
    Very glad that your surgery was minor, although it is wise to be cautious at our age.
    Happy belated to Pieter. Remember, there are 364 Unbirthdays to celebrate too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to be having problems with chrome on this tablet..going slow... I have chromium on the laptop, I am not sure of the difference..I leave that to my brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gwynneth...Things are still strange. Your post which showed on safari immediately didn’t show up here until today. Perhaps eventually It will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are doing well! My Christmas cactus started blooming in December and just this week the final blossom fell off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele...I Had a huge bloom November-December. So this is kind of a bonus.
      BTW, I am enjoying your daily walks around Seagrove, enormously.

      Delete
  6. The pottery Christmas trees look great. I think the idea of little openings in the next ones that you do so that a tea light would shine through would be magical. Glad that you are making progress after the surgery. The road to recovery can be full of frustrations, but it will be a great joy to see the gorgeous amaryllis flowering in its pot.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.