Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Feathered Friends

I started putting out seed last week. Today the finches found the table and arrived in a mob. These are goldfinches in their winter coats.  Now I am hoping some house finches to show up.  We used to have mobs of them but not in the last five years or more.

I have had most of my plants in since our several frosty nights.  It wasn’t cold enough to kill the petunias so I may still bring a few more in. Most of them are reseeds and sort of a purple. Every once in a while there is a pretty sport.  I have a pink and a purple and white that should bloom in few weeks.

Things are loading oddly. Here are some Santas and a Wizard. These are handbuilt. Sometimes I throw a basic form. It all depends on what I am doing at the time. These are all whistles.


Here are some of the plants I mentioned earlier.

Stay safe in these fraught times.

As always, thanks for stopping by.........*s*
 

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    Just wondering how you manage to have your 1st photo show up as a thumbnail on the Blog List on my sideline... (or yours, if you would add it too!). Mine quit doing that since the new blogger is forced upon us.
    What a blessing to see that many finches!
    Oh my, we're heading already to the Santa season FAST...
    Can't keep up with it all.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mariette...I have no idea. Since new blogger I have to write posts on Chrome, perhaps that has something to do with it?
    I am still wondering how we got to November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Suzi,
      Have to use Chrome as well... can't comment in Safari.
      Hugs,
      Mariette

      Delete
  3. Just got kind of puzzled as my final photo appeared as a thumbnail... Haha, upside down world?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One ofBlogger’s little mysteries?

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.