Sunday, February 7, 2021

Good Things...


...come to those who clean!

I was cleaning a bookshelf yesterday and found this from 2004.  Being a major fan of The Great British Bake Off, I am thrilled.  From the wear and stains it looks like I did make some of the recipes. Now I get to explore more.


 We are supposed to be getting a major amount of snow, or more likely slush. Toes crossed that it isn't too bad as I have some major doc appointments coming up/

Winter: NOT A FAN!
 
As always, stay safe, and thanks for stopping by.....*s*

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy exploring your bread recipes...it's a good thing to do when you're house bound from the weather. I hope it is not too bad for you to get to your appointments! Stay safe, enjoy slathering butter on warm bread....oooh, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But snow falling outside, the house smelling of baking bread...that sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Suzi,
    Happy for your 'new-found' Bread book!
    Well, we don't envy anyone with having snow... Glad the sun came out again here in the afternoon after a dreary and rainy day.
    Back in The Netherlands, they have plenty of snow, so much that they could use the skis!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've gotten quite a few light dustings this year which were welcome, big pileups are not. It's been colder than usual, I hate to think what our fuel bill will be this month. I've been slowly experimenting with the gluten free book you gave me and have had a few successes. One of the breads I miss the most which I used to make was Swedish Rye Bread - it had fennel and anise seed, orange rind and molasses and didn't last long after coming out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.