Saturday, February 13, 2021

Bread

Baked this on Thursday, not from the Paul Hollywood book but sort of inspired by it and a recipe from my old James Beard Beard on Bread book.  It has a lot in it that I wanted to use up, thus Garbage Bread. Cornmeal, AP flour, heavy cream, sourdough discard, olive oil, agave nectar, salt, and yeast all came together for a very nice loaf. I only wish I had kept track of how much of everything I used....ah well,  you can't have everything, grasshopper.

 

 It never rains but it pours, I have my one year f/u colonoscopy after last year's surgery. Plus I am having a tooth pulled in March, and a doc visit. I am debating whether it's better to do this stuff when I am in the depths of winter SAD and in a not very good mood anyway, or wait until warmer, brighter weather when I definitely have a better outlook on life.

As always, stay safe, and thanks for stopping by..............*s*

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing that beautiful bread here! I just wish I were able to share a big bite as well! I'm meditating these days, for a few minutes each morning. Today Depak Chopra was reminding me that everything we think is connected to the whole world, and vice versa...so I thought of the grey cold days, and COVID masks and being made to stay isolated...and just shrugged. It is what it is. I tried to concentrate on one small aspect of goodness...and then there was your bread! No kidding. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Suzi,
    Wow, that is a very rich bread! But you seem to be a very successful baker as your pictures only show perfect breads!
    Here the weather changed from sunny for 3 days into dark, dreary and rainy...
    As with your medical appointments, I would work them off and then start looking forward to better times in many ways.
    Having a colonoscopy done has no impact in what mood you're in as you are completely sedated. Those drugs make you feel 'happy' afterward... so I would definitely NOT postpone that.
    Next week our 2nd Moderna shot, doctor's appointment and March 1 my checkup with Ophthalmologist so finally that long period of eye surgery, using drops and checkups will be behind me.
    The stitches of my eyebrow surgery (nose side) came out this Monday so I'm starting to look normal again... Haha, what is normal?!
    Good luck with your schedule and happy baking.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette.....So very happy that you are on your way to 'normal' again. As you say,"what is normal?"
      I am not really concerned about the colonoscopy; it's the one year follow up to may surgery a year ago. Prospects are good.
      I debate with my self whether it's better to do all the med stuff in a clump and get through it while feeling exhausted or spread everything out.
      We'll see, grasshopper.........we'll see......

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful bread! My dentist says I need another crown and I keep putting it off. I should schedule it for Spring... better to get in done than have it break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michele...Thanks. Good to get it done. I ended up waiting too long with one tooth which quite literally fell apart. And so it goes......

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.