Saturday, July 23, 2022

Hey Summer! Slow Down!

 It’s hard to believe that we are heading into the last week of July.  This is my favorite time of year, so I am doing my best to practice presence of mind and savor the days.  There are early mornings of working out in the garden.  Lazy afternoon of lazing by the pool with a jug of iced tea, a good book, and some music.    Evenings on the deck grilling and puttering around with the deck plants.

My gardens have been in disarray this year, but I do have planters.  My petunias are all from seed that wintered over.  Some just sown in planters; others I brought in and stuck in the back of my refrigerator.  I don’t think it makes a lot of difference as I can’t remember which is which.


The sunflower grew on it’s own which was a happy surprise.  It’s getting ready to set seed.  If the birds don’t get it I will dry it and put it out for a Christmas treat.


I inadvertently did a good thing with my day lilies.  I planted varieties that will bloom in succession so I have a long season.  The ones below are blooming away.  I have two plants that are just seeing their buds.




Not sure why the above photo is left aligned; such are the ways of Blogger!

I am decorating pots, will post some photos tomorrow.

I am not sure if Blogger is letting me reply to comments.  Rest assured that I read and appreciate them all.

I just read that I am in a unique category in that I am 79 (what?!!) had covid shots and two boosters and have not had  Covid.  Keeping our President Biden in our hearts for a quick recovery.

As always, stay safe……..and thanks for stopping by…………*s*


3 comments:

  1. Our garden is behind too..like you say, the year runs away from us!
    Covid status the same here...and another booster come September...seeing how it has affected others I am keeping my head down!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see petunias, day lilies (in succession even!) and a wonderful volunteer sunflower! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Suzi,
    That is a happy post with lots of flower—beauty!
    Oh so rewarding for summer and yes, time is slipping through our fingers it looks like.
    Sending you hugs from Oklahoma City,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.