Friday, July 1, 2022

Naughty Deer!

  • One of my favorite lilies has bloomed.  Unfortunately this will be the only one as the Dee have gone to town on the buds.  They must have discerning palettes since they have only eaten the true lilies, and have not touched the dayliliy buds.  I am going to move them into the garden by the house on the next cloudy day.
  • I’s no wonder that Winter has been going berserk at night!


Meanwhile I have been painting more flowerpots.  I waxed the sunflowers before painting the leaves.  It prevents the color from smearing and keeps green off the petals.

I also wax the leaves after I paint them.  Again this is to prevent colors from smearing when I am working on the rest of the pot.

 Wishing  all the best this Independence Day.  It’s a day for considering what this country is all about.

As always, stay safe, and thanks for stopping by……………*s*

P.S. Blogger has gotten very strange about letting me sign in.  Yes, I am reading comments, even though I am unable to reply………….*s*

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    What a shame that the deer ate all your true lilies.
    When they're highly fragrant, they must love that; gourmet food to them.
    LOVE your sunflower painting.
    Hugs and Happy Independence Day to you.
    Will be posting tomorrow night Pieter's speech from 1994 that he gave after being an American Citizen for over a year. It is a mega task for digitalizing all videos and also for typing the text of the speech below.
    But it was and still is meaningful!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those sunflowers, and your tedious process which brings excellent results! Good to be thinking about being an American these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And look, I can reply to my comment. You can write your replies to me as comments on my blog!

      Delete
  3. love the sunflowers, I have to be on google search engine in order to comment

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.