Monday, August 22, 2022

Refurbishing the Ho Tai Garden

 I raked out all the dead stems of the white bleeding heart and moved in planters with petunias in various stages of growth.  These are all grown from collected seed.  I don’t want to invest in buying plants this late in the summer, but I do enjoy continuing to plant and replant various small areas.  With any luck we will have one of our long, mellow autumns.  We could have blooms into November!  Toes crossed!

  I am also digging up the orange day lilies that have manages to become ensconced here.  I will plant lilliums when I get it clear enough.

Thr big clay pot is the one I knocked on the floor and cracked.  So far the many coats of sealer that I put on it seem to be holding up.  The smaller bowl is one of the first purchased terra cotta pots I experimented with. It’s held up well over the years.  I do bring glazed pots in for the winter.


It started raining a little while ago.  Looking at radar we may actually have some real downpours.  We need rain badly.  The spring was wet enough that forest is still in goof shape.  But forest fire is a real danger.  So!  We’ll see, grasshopper…………..we’ll see.

As always, stay safe, and thanks for stopping by………….*s*


2 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    Both of us were amazed at the beautiful Petunias we saw in South Dakota, at Crazy Horse Memorial. They are very rewarding!
    Good luck with your final season of blooms.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful little floral setting. Great that some raindrops came your way too!

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.