Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Or Perhaps Here….?

Moving plants around on the deck seems to have become a new hobby.  Every few days I have been rearranging and pushing pots around.  I’ll probably be happy with them a week before it’s time to bring them in.
First up is the Aloe Plantation…..because doesn’t everyone need numerous aloes, grasshopper?  Okay!  Perhaps I am a bit obsessive.  Last year when I was cutting back and rerooting some plants I stuck the old roots with just the stumps showing in the black pot at the bottom of the picture.  Lots of new plantlets… pups are growing.

The big ferns are loving all the rain this summer.  I am going to need a crane to get some of them inside in September.  I have been taking cuttings and potting up babies.  Really, this does have a purpose,  My sun room is my winter green room, a necessity for surviving winter.



 I am coming to the end of taking doxy for my bout of Lyme.  Fortunately the tests came back negative for any other diseases.

We have had huge downpours over the last few days.  It’s so nice to have lush greenery and not have to worry too much about fires.  On the other hand because I have been out of commission the pool has turned a lovely shade of green.  Something else to keep me occupied and out of trouble.

FB is still not letting me comment on any comments made.  I do read and appreciate them.

As always stay safe, and thanks for stopping by……….*s*’

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    Yes, it sure has been a lush summer with plenty of rain!
    You are an excellent plant propagator.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't seem to keep an aloe these days! Have a Christmas cactus that I keep trying to kill. Apparently the damp from this rather wet July has kept most outside plants happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely that you can have them out on the deck!
    My houseplants are filling up the top layer of the greenhouse staging..I doubt if they would survive outside as they used to

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.