Sunday, November 28, 2021

The Holly and the Ivy

We discovered that our holly which we had assumed for many years was male, turned out to be female.  There aren’t many berries but enough to tell us that there must be a male bush nearby.

We are at the northernmost limit for American Holly to survive so this is kind of a treasure. We will clear out the weeds and briars, but leave it in its natural state.


I did find a small branch nearby which had been torn off by a large branch that came down in one of our windstorms.  We don’t have ivy as such, but do have a lot of creeping Jenny and prince’s pine so I will make a small decoration with our found greens.

And we are having half hearted snow. Toes crossed it stays that way.  We’ll see, grasshopper……we’ll see………..

As always, stay safe, and thanks for stopping by…………*s*

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.