Monday, January 3, 2022

Majolica Monday #1, 2022

It’s a new year so I am starting over with my numbering.

This is a mug in white earth, truly an experiment as I normally work in Terra Cotta.  Terra cotta generally gives a warmer tone to the glaze and colors. But we’ll see, grasshopper……..we’ll see……..

Most of the colors have been over painted with wax resist to keep them from smearing.  Obviously they will be much brighter when the pink wax is gone after firing.
 

As always, stay safe, and thanks for stopping by………..*s*

5 comments:

  1. happy new year, so sweet seeing the cat and mice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda...Thanks. A very happy new year to you.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Suzi,
    Happy New Year to all of you.
    No wonder you had a cute mousie in residence; you even create them!
    They feel right at home.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette....I've always had mice income of my work. I started this one before seeing Mistress Mouse in my tree.
      A Happy and Peaceful New Year to you and Pieter.

      Delete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.