Friday, October 28, 2022

First Pot Friday

 This is the very first pot I ever made, way back in 1965.  Only potted for about six months before life got in the way.  Twenty years later I did a beginner class because the professor I had intended to return to uni to work with was on sabbatical. (Knew I had to do something as Proge was going away for high school.)


The eeriest thing was that as soon as I put my hands n clay my body remembered how to center and pull up.  A lot of really bad pots followed!  Within two weeks I was wondering why I ever stopped,

Through all the ups and downs of my life, I always kept this first pot.  Guess it was trying to tell me something.

As always, stay safe, and thanks for stopping by………….*s*

P.S.  Blogger is still giving me grief about replying to comments.  Please know that I read and enjoy them all……………*s*

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Suzi,
    Really LOVE your very first pot!
    What a story and what an age of 57 years for a pot to reach.
    Guess you were meant to do this.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    P.S. Blogger has been showing me comments from 2013, 2014 and once I release them they disappear from said blog. STRANGE things as I've replied to some comments and then the original has POOFED

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, touch wood. Blogger has been ok here. Possibly the browser being used is causing the problems?
    I still have my first pots somewhere, made when I was 13...a slipware tray, and a wee brown jug with a hand built, not pulled handle

    ReplyDelete

I don’t allow anonymous postings, but otherwise talk to me. I love to hear from you.